FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In order to learn more about Crossroads, our products, and our services, we encourage you to check out these FAQs. Please also feel free to contact us with any questions!
1. What are the features of the cameras?
Our main camera system consists of 4 bullet cameras, each with a 135º viewing angle, giving you 360º+ viewing, with overlap.
The camera also comes standard with Infrared Night Vision.
2. How do the Worksite Hawk night-time/off-hour security features work?
Using video analytics, we are able to recognize and detect vehicles and persons but avoid false alerts such as animals and wind blown debris.
You have control of the program settings, which determines what detections cause a security alert. The cameras can be programmed to meet your needs such as rules which allow access and alerts to go to certain users, as well as setting up time-of-day functions for when the system will detect movement at the jobsite and sends alerts when events occur.
When the system detects a threat, it stores the video as well as sends the event footage to you within 30 seconds of the start of the event. Within one minute, you can go from an alert to viewing the event from your mobile device.
3. How do I use the Worksite Hawk during the day-time?
The Worksite Hawk is not just for nighttime security, it is also a great tool during the daytime, when the jobsite is active.
You can login to the cameras to see what progress is being made, what equipment or materials have arrived and also do problem solving. While workers are talking with you on the phone, explaining a problem, you can view the subject matter and help find a solution.
4. Do you have to watch all of the footage to find an event?
No! Our security system automatically saves event footage by date and time that can easily be downloaded, saved, and shared. An attachment to watch the live footage also comes to you within 30 seconds of the event trigger.
5. What software is required to interact with the Worksite Hawk?
The software is specific to our camera system and works with Windows PCs and any iOS or Android mobile device.
6. How is the video streamed?
The camera uses cellular data to stream the video.
7. What are the system requirements to view to streamed video?
To view the camera via your computer, you will need:
– Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7
– High-speed internet connection
8. How much bandwidth is required to view the streamed video?
This largely depends on the window size and the number of people trying to access the video.
9. Are installation and training support included?
New versions of the software are also free as each generation is released.
We stand by our products, and we want to ensure that you can use them to the full extent of their capabilities in order to address your needs.
10. What is the solar panel size?
11. What happens to the solar power on cloudy days?
12. How do I know if the solar is charging the batteries
13. How often do I need to check the water in the batteries?
14. What preparation is needed before deploying?
15. How long does it take to set-up the equipment?
It takes only 10 minutes to set-up the Worksite Hawk, and even less for the Worksite Eye! Here are videos of our deployment tutorial so you can see how easy it is!
16. How do the jacks and outriggers work?
17. How high does the mast extend?
18. What is the footprint and weight of the Worksite Hawk?
19. How do you secure the Worksite Hawk when it’s deployed
The following locations on the Worksite Hawk are padlockable:
- The battery and electronics enclosure handles (2 places)
- The jack handles (3 places)
- The cable winch
- The tongue coupler
In addition to the padlocks, the Worksite Hawk comes standard with GPS so that it can alert you if the Geo-fence is broken and the unit can be located if removed by unauthorized personnel.
20. Can you tow multiple units to the jobsite?
21. What are the color options?
Clarksville, IA 50619